A brand new year is on it’s way! While some see this as a negative thing allow me to shape it in order for you to see it differently. Here is a list of questions I want you to ask yourself in your free time.
- Did you wake up each morning in 2017?
- Do you have a roof over your head? (Any roof even if it’s technologically not your own residence)
- Are you employed? Do you receive SSI or Unemployment? (Despite what you may think BOTH counts; while others were denied in your case that did not happen at all.)
- Were you able to kiss your children each night in 2017 before bed time? (Since I myself did not have that blessing I have my angels looking after me from up above.)
- Are you able to walk, talk, and have a decent conversation with no problem? (The simple things get overlooked because we are so used to having them while others do not.)
- Are you in semi-perfect health or if you have a medical condition are you able to function with minimum complications from it?
In life society have a horrible habit of focusing on what we DO NOT HAVE and forget what we DO HAVE! This was my problem as well but after much soul searching I recall a R.A. of mine who told me to “Always remember there will always be someone in this world who is worst off then you think you are right now“. No matter how many years have gone by her words will forever echo in my ears and I thank God for placing her in my life even if it was only for a brief moment. When things in my life go completely haywire I hear her voice replaying non-stop until I calm down. One of my favorite words right now is *HUMBLE*…It is not only a word but an action as well in my eyes because you must act it out & walk in it. Speaking it is only part of the equation but in order for you to solve it YOU MUST ACT IT OUT & LIVE IT TO THE FULLEST ALSO. *Lead by example and others will follow your lead*.
New Year’s Resolutions should be something you are determined to make happen. If you are not driven to make it happen you will not care if you succeed or not. Time is priceless so don’t waste your own…in the same light as if you wouldn’t want someone else to waste it. I have said many times that anything is POSSIBLE EVEN WHEN YOU THINK SOMETHING IS IMPOSSIBLE! Check out the word you see after dropping “I” & “M” that in itself should tell you something and seen as a sign…With Depression itself everything seem IMPOSSIBLE but you have the power within to prove it wrong and not hold you as a hostage any longer. Since I know first hand that I would not take anyone seriously who haven’t dealt with someone who is suffering from it or dealt with it themselves…My NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION IS TO NO LONGER BE KEPT AS A HOSTAGE BUT TO ALSO BREAK OTHERS FREE AS WELL.
- I want to become healthy spiritually, emotionally, and physically!
- I also want to be better socially because without any reasoning I will shutdown instantly.
- Focus harder on not only BEING POSITIVE BUT STAYING POSITIVE AS WELL.
- I do indeed smile now but in 2018 I want to SMILE even more.
Simple New Year’s resolutions I am determined and driven to reach! I would love to hear some from others as well.